Monday, April 21, 2008

Java EE installation problem on Fedora 8

Java EE server may refuse to install on Fedora 8. You end up clicking on the link, and nothing happens, ever. So, here's what you do.

Open the terminal. Become root. Invoke the .bin file of Java EE from the terminal itself. You are likely to get a 'no such library' message. The library is something related to C++. Now, unfortunately, I forgot to blog when I had actually found the solution to the problem. So, I am not listing the steps below, as I usually do, but instead, all I can say is that please google the complete error message you get at the terminal. You should find the solution in a few clicks.

The solution basically involves adding the C++ library, which is a measly 250 KB (approx). Then, try running the .bin file again. It should work this time....

No comments: