Wednesday, July 2, 2008

DVD Writer Installed

I have no clue as to how I forgot to write this post, which, by the way should have been written long back. I bought a Sony DVD-Writer DRU-840A in mid-March this year. It was a small celebration of me being placed in Asia's foremost IT company.

The drive cost me around 1,500 bucks. I bought it from Anupam Stationers (Borivli). It was box-packed and a completely legal purchase. Got home and connected it the same day. However, since I did not have any spare connecting cables, I removed the cables on my existing CD-RW Drive, and plugged them into the new drive.

So now, I finally had a DVD-Writer, which had been overdue. However, I regreted the fact that my old drive had to be unplugged from the system. Now see guys, I'm not the kind of person who runs behind new things. Although I fully acknowledge that adopting new technologies is essential if we are to progress, I'm also quite attached to old things that I've been using for a while.

Anyway, since I was in one of the two most traumatic semesters, I couldn't ever find the time and thinking resources to find away of keeping both drives plugged in. Of course, buying additional cables was always the option. But it was simply never implemented.

However, the DVD drive brought one of the most important change, that is, I was able to install Fedora 8.

No comments: