Thursday, July 3, 2008

Up next for upgrade..........the way ahead..

Being bitten by the upgrade bug, I can't help writing more about it. In this article, I'll disclose my future upgrade plans.

Now, there are 2 major things left to upgrade. Considering I've already made a sizeable investment in DDR memory, it implies I'm not looking forward to upgrade either the processor of the motherboard. Keeping in mind the inherent limitation that this PC can never be used for gaming (we have PlayStations for that, don't we?), there are 2 feel-good things that can be done.

  1. A 19" TFT monitor, which must have a VGA connector, and
  2. A 250GB or 500 GB HDD, which will ofcourse need to have an IDE interface

While the first upgrade is purely aesthetic, the second one is only marginally functional. Frankly speaking, I'm not likely to go in for any of these upgrades ever. What I am considering, though, is installing a TV-tuner card, that'll allow me to screen my DVDs on the TV in the living room, as well as provide for a way to see my own programs when mum wants to watch another.

No comments: