Wednesday, July 2, 2008

The Indian way of doing things

The world over, Indians are known for one ability: their ability to extract the maximum possible out of existing resources. And I am no exception.

Stuck as I was with my relic of a PC, I could've easily discarded the machine altogether and gonein for a brand new one. However, I carefully studied my requirements. Since games and me have nothing in common, I figured out I could do with my current Celeron processor. What I needed was not huge instantaneous processing power, but simply more room to accommodate the running programs. Having zeroed in on the issue at hand, I went in for an upgrade that cost me the least: 1GB of RAM for INR 1,550 only.

Now compare that cost to the cost of a new PC: approx 20,000 for a respectable configuration that won't be outdated in atleast a year's time. Even if I had bought such a rig, it would've offered me no real performance gain over my currently upgraded PC.

So, the same result was achieved in a fraction of the cost of a new PC. Thats what the Indian spirit is all about!!

No comments: