Monday, November 19, 2007

The triad will be complete......

I'm not talking about Dobereiner, or about the Musketeers. The triad here is:

1. SonyEricsson K790i multi-media cell-phone
2. SonyErisccon HBH-PV-100 Bluetooth headset
3. SanDisk 4GB MemoryStick Micro (M2)

As if having a great phone didn't suffice, it was complemented a few days back by a disused, practically discarded bluetooth headset that had been lying in my drawer for months after my dad lost interest in it. I always like to collect discarded objects. Not from a historical collector's point of view, but with a will to get them working again. Then, why did it lie disused in my drawer for those many months? I wasn't able to figure out how to pair it with my cell-phone!! After trying all possible combinations on the headset's (3) keys, as well as my cell, I just gave up.

And then, a few days back, while clearing out my drawer, I stumpled upon this thing of great interest. I switched it on. I pressed its volume keys, and heard a ringer. I said, now, this can't be further from the truth. If the LED glows, if the speaker responds, if the volume keys work, it just can't be that the Bluetooth module has failed. That set my thoughts in motion, and I ended up Googling. After just a few minutes of search, I had found the solution. The headset was working, and it was mine!! The purpose behind why I had collected it, in the first place, had been achieved.

Today, it has become an inseparable part of my life. I can no longer imagine holding the phone in my hand for talking. Talking 'hands-free' has now become a way of life. With hands-free, my phone got its best partner. These two formed a beautiful pair.

Tomorrow, they will go one step further, when the card adds the necessary zing to the phone. This combination will be one of the most elaborate and advanced setups in the world. And I will be proud to have engineered this solution, one bit at a time...

No comments: